This is a practice that I have had a little experience of. In my (limited) experience a yoga session is very much dependent on the instructor that is delivering it.
I have loved my instructors and I have wanted to get up and leave a class I was so upset by my instructors. So that should a yoga class be? There seem to be a lot of yoga instructors around, how can I find the right one for me? It is such a large subject I need to find some very well respected instructors to teach me.
So my questions about yoga are:
- What is it?
- Why should I practice it?
- What do all the types of yoga mean?
- How do I choose the right one for me?
- Can I do yoga on my own with videos or do I need an instructor?
- How long or often do I need to do it to be effective?
- What do all the positions mean?
- Do I need a special mat or equipment?
- How do I get started?
- Where can I go to find licensed practitioners?