I am so curious to find out everything about this ancient method of card divination. It is a HUGE topic so I am breaking it down into the major elements that seem interesting to me to learn in order to understand all about it.
So let’s dive into my questions.
- What is tarot?
- Should I go to a professional reader and have my cards read or can I get the same service from free online tarot sites?
- Can I read them for myself or will I never get to the same level as a professional?
- Do I need special powers to start using the cards?
- Do I need to keep my deck in a special material or place?
- What is the history of tarot? When and why did people start using cards to predict their future?
- How do I go about learning the tarot? There are SO many resources online I don’t know where to start.
- Where can I find a tarot journal? A cheatsheet with all the cards and meanings explained.
- What deck of tarot should I start with? There is SO much choice I want help with what they all do and what they mean.
- What is the ‘best’ (read quickest!) method to learn the card meanings?
- Do I really have to learn all the cards? It seems such a big task.
- Some people say you need intuition to read them but I don’t have any so how can I develop my intuition?
- How do ‘read’ the cards? What are spreads and which ones should I use?
- I want to learn to ask the right questions in order to get the ‘right’ answers from the cards.
- Can I go on to read cards for others? What are the ethics involved?
- How do I deal with clients if I decide to read for other people.
- How much should I pay/charge for a tarot reading? How do I avoid charlatans?
Those are my basic questions and now I need to go off and find someone to help me learn the answers.