My friend has been actively practicing for a few years now and as she sits down and practices no matter what we are doing I confess I’ve been guilty of sniffing loudly and thinking it’s all a bit silly. However, I’ve decided to open up to all new ideas this year and so I’ve decided to learn more.
I’ve come up with a list of the questions I’d like answered and I’ll share the answers as I learn them. Some of these questions will seem really basic but I’m sure you’ll sympathise with my asking.
My questions on Meditation
1.Why meditate? Can’t I just read a book instead or do some craft activity to relax?
2. What are the benefits to me?
3. Can I really reduce stress by meditating?
4. What exactly is meditation? Is it just sitting on the floor and closing your eyes?
5. What is the science behind meditation?
6. What types of meditation are there? Which one is best for me a complete beginner?
7. I have quite a lot of stereotypical ideas about meditation so what myths/ideas are true and which are not?
8. How do I start to do this? Do I need music?
9. What tips and tricks can I use to help me get the most out of it?