Horoscopes are around us and are just part of the fabric of life. I know the star signs and if I was given a quiz on them I think I could name them all but definitely not which month they all belonged to.
I know them through absorbing information but I’ve never actively studied them. That is why I’m curious to find out what they actually mean and the ideas behind them.
Some people live their lives by the predictions that readers make and others live their life just curiously glancing at them in the newspaper without paying much attention so who is right?
My questions about Horoscopes are:
- What are they?
- What are the origins of why we have fixed these symbols and names with certain months of the year?
- Are these worldwide or just in Western cultures?
- How can they work for me when there are millions of people born in the same month?
- How are horoscopes written? What information is looked at to produce a horoscope?
- What is a birth chart?
- It looks very complicated, can anyone learn to do it?